Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Three Things Thursday -- July Goals

So I'm combining posts today, putting my Triple T together with my July goals. I hadn't written a monthly goals post in a while, but I figured the start of the second half of the year would be a great time to bring it back!


First of all, I want to celebrate something for a second...I lost 15 pounds in the month of June! I'm really
happy about that, because I'm down to a weight I haven't been for a long time, and I am feeling good! Best of all, I'm sleeping well, which is quite a blessing for me. I'm actually down 30 pounds from my high point a little over a year ago too.

*With that in mind, I want to drop another 15 pounds in July! I'm really feeling motivated...my clothes are starting to get loose and I want to keep the momentum going. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I went down a size in a pair of shorts and a shirt I bought, and that was such a great feeling. It would be nice to add some of those smaller sizes to my wardrobe.

Here's a photo of me with my boys at the Indy 500 on May 24, and again at a golf outing last Friday (June 24). What do you think?                                                 
It should be a good month. Other than this weekend, there are few other "temptations" lurking over the
next few weeks in terms of trips, outings, etc. That and my mileage will be increasing so it's a bigger chance of burning more calories!

*I also want to run 100 miles. I came close in June, I think. I ran a lot, but between problems with my phone and not doing a very good job of logging my runs, I'm not quite sure. So along with trying to run 100 miles I'm going to try and do a better job of documenting my runs.

Not only that, I am planning on starting my St. Jude Marathon training on July 20. That should make for some good miles!

*Finally, I want to run at least three races this month. I haven't run a race since the Apple Blossom run in early May, can you believe it? I'm already signed up for one run -- the Bastille Day 5K in downtown Chicago on July 9 -- and I still plan on the Detweiller at Dark race later in the month.

So that leaves one other. Any suggestions?

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Fourth of July weekend. Enjoy your time with your family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment