Thursday, September 17, 2015

Three Things Thursday

Happy almost the weekend! For those of you running the Chicago Marathon, this weekend is a biggie, the final 20-miler before heading into taper mode. Good luck!

I'm still typing one-handed so you won't get my usual lengthy prose, but here's what is going on with me!

*Medical update...still healing! I still have a lot of swelling going on but overall I'm feeling better every day. I went back to work on Monday so I'm pretty tired by the time I'm back home at night, but my boss has been cool and let me leave a little early each day, which is nice.

I go see Dr. Chhadia on Tuesday to get my stitches out and to be evaluated. I'm crossing my fingers that he will put a smaller brace on and clear me to run. I'm getting really anxious to get back on the road again!

*Indy Mini registration is open! As an Indy Mini ambassador, that's exciting news, and I am extending my own personal invitation to join me in Indy for the big race on May 7. I can't say enough great things about the race...it's well organized, the course is insanely fast and Indianapolis is a cool city with lots to do.

If you live in the Midwest and like big races, the Mini should be a destination race for you, and if you are feeling extra adventurous (like my friends Wally an Larissa were last May), Indy is just two hours from Cincinnati, and you could drive down there and run one of the Flying Pig races the next day too!



For more info go to the Indy Mini's website.

*Five more weeks...until our Italy trip! I can't wait! One of my goals is to make sure that I run while I'm there, so I'm asking for some help. If you have ever run in Milan or Rome I'd love to hear about it, both good and bad. We will be staying near the Vatican in Rome, so I'm especially interested in routes nearby.

I'm in the process of checking with the local clubs, but if you have any feedback to offer just drop it in the comments section. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment