Saturday, November 21, 2015

Quick Takes

So it's 12:50 on Saturday morning, and I can't sleep...so why not blog? Since we are no longer Friday Five eligible, I thought I'd throw out some quick thoughts to start the weekend.

*This week's blog hop was a success! Huge thanks goes out to Kristy at Runaway Bridal Planner for hosting the hop and getting people connected! It was a lot of fun reading new blogs and meeting people and hearing their stories.

Darcy once said that everyone who gets to the starting line has a story, and she's right! This week's hop was a perfect example of that.

*Let it snow! Wow, we didn't even pass go, we went straight into winter! I don't think we had even had flurries yet, and tonight there is about three inches of snow on the ground!

One thing I do like about snow is running in it...which I plan to do sometime tomorrow!

*PT is going well. I hit the 12-week mark since my accident and things have really improved the last few days. My therapist said this morning that she could tell I'd made a lot of progress over the last couple of weeks.

Even better is that one place I had still been having pain -- the back of my left hand -- has started to calm down.

Dr. Chaadia and the therapists have all said the pain was because of the nerves trying to fire back up, which was good to hear, but it was still horribly painful. Just one more step closer!

*My podcast is online! I recorded and posted my first podcast today, and I'm pretty happy with it. It's a bit rough and I say "ummm..." a couple hundred times, but it's a solid first effort, if I do say so myself.

Check it out here. Enjoy!


Have a great weekend, and remember to stay warm!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your podcast and progress in PT! Running in snow sounds crazy! I am not a cold weather type of girl, so I would not be able to run out there in that weather. I wish you safe runs though!
    https://curlycaroline.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm planning my next podcast already, it's a lot of fun! I don't mind running in the snow I just tend to exercise a bit better judgement in the winter weather. There is an indoor track just down the street from where we live so I have no problem heading over there!

    ReplyDelete