Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Things I'm Thankful For (In Pictures)

So 2015 is quickly rolling to an end, and we have reached Thanksgiving again. I know that it's pretty typical for bloggers to write about what they are thankful for, but this year, for lots of reasons, I feel especially thankful for the things that I'm blessed with in my life.

Like my wife, Darcy. I kind of consider myself romantic, but I have to admit that I don't believe in the term "soulmates" (But if you do, that's OK). That said, I wouldn't be where I am in so many areas of my life without her support, generosity and encouragement. She is a true rock star. I just try and keep up.


My boys. I'm so proud of both of them, and feel so fortunate to be their dad. I'm thankful every day for my relationship with them, and how it keeps growing stronger as time goes on.

My mom. I'm 46 years old and I still have one of my parents, that's something I can't put into words. I've gone through a lot over the last few years, and we both went through losing my sister (and her daughter) four years ago. My mom has always been there through everything, and I feel closer to her than I ever have been.

Friends. My buddy Scott is another person who has seen me through a lot and talked me down off of the ledge more times than I can count! We don't see each other a lot -- he remarried four years ago, moved to Chicago and has a 2-year-old daughter (!) -- but when we get together it's like we only haven't seen each other in a couple of days. Scott (and many others) are in it with me no matter what, and my gratitude for that is endless.

Traveling. All my life, I have wanted to travel and see other parts of the world, and the wait has been worth it. This year I traveled to Mexico, Dubai (I'm standing in front of the Burj Khalifa in this photo), Italy, Colorado and a few states I had visited before but hadn't been to in years. My six days in Dubai were life-changing and eye-opening in so many ways, especially given what is going on in the world right now, and I've seen places that have brought tears to my eyes. I'm a lucky dude.

Modern medicine. I know this photo is gnarly, but you should've seen my left humerus right after I broke it! I'm thankful for the gifts and talents of my orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Chhadia, for putting my arm back together, as well as the nurses and physical therapists who have helped me progress so far since the day my accident happened. I'm also thankful that it wasn't worse, because it certainly could've been. I still have a ways to go, but the road is a lot shorter now.

I could go on all day, but I think you get the gist. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment